Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Never take a sports car golfing



I can say one thing, trying to fit two sets up golf clubs into a Porsche Boxster is a dumb idea. A friend and I woke up at 7am on Friday to go golfing. I told him i'd pick him up so when I got there we loaded up with our clubs in our laps and drove 50kms to the golf course. When we got there the workers ran out to the parking lot to carry our clubs to the clubhouse for us (this is normal and free). We soon found out that we would have to wait almost 2hrs before we could get on the course because it was so busy. We decided to leave. The workers brought the clubs out to the car for us and didn't realize how we brought them there. So I said to my buddy, "watch this" I popped the trunk and the guy took one look in and started laughing, "they aren't going to fit in there!" So we laughed and I said no no sir in the front it's ok. So I popped the hood, he opened it and looked in, "where the engine?" I laughed and replied, "no no it's ok they will fit" so he tried to position them in the front trunk but every way he tried they still stuck out of the hood about a foot. I said, "it's good and I shut the hood, which came down on the clubs and sat about a foot or more wide open. "It's good thank you sir", his eyes lit up, "no no you will drive like this?" my buddy and I both burst out laughing. What a bunch of losers the guy probably thought. But he laughed with us and we loaded them back into our laps in the car and laughed the whole way home. It's one of those times you just had to be there to see how smooth it all went down. Here are some pictures of how the golf course worker thought we were driving down the highway. Next time I will be taking the Honda.





No comments: